Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Major Gifts Manager
The major responsibilities are:
- Oversee the Major Gifts fundraising and manage Major Gifts Team to develop and cultivate the MSF major donor pool, including individuals, corporates, legacy and foundations, in Hong Kong
- To develop major gifts fundraising strategies, and to plan and manage major gifts fundraising activities (prospect management, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) that results in overall increases in donor giving through contributions, sponsorships, planned giving and new products
- Responsible for annual major gifts fundraising budget, including expenses budgeting and donation income forecast, activity calendar planning and KPIs setting.
- Initiate and implement fundraising campaigns in order to raise the amount of donation income as set in the annual plan within pre-agreed budget
- Ensure that funds are solicited, collected, and allocated according to the objectives and funding needs of MSF operations, as well as within the policies of MSF
- Oversee the solicitation donors/sponsors for cash sponsorship in support of MSF-HK events and the management of the relationship with these corporate donors throughout the year
- Talent Management for the Major Gifts Team, including recruitment, training, coaching and career development; ensure each team members are being equipped with essential skillset and knowledge
- Ensure all external communications relating to major gifts fundraising are developed to appropriately reflect the reality of the MSF operation and in compliance to the communication ethics of MSF
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree with at least 5 years’ major donor fundraising or related experience, including significant experience in personal/corporate solicitation
- Experience in fundraising in non-profit organizations is essential
- Strong manager, facilitator and integrator, with minimum 3 years of staff management experience
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a strong asset
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex and sensitive materials and use them to develop funding proposals, strategic plans, etc.
- Ability to write a range of correspondence from formal business letters to thank you notes
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word-processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Experience with donor databases and contacts management
- Knowledge of international humanitarian affairs
- Commitment to the aims, values and principles of Médecins Sans Frontières; ability to engage and understand MSF’s social mission and carries a strong believe in how the function of fundraising is adding value to it
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.