Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Philanthropy Officer (Foundations)
Our dynamic Fundraising Department is responsible for raising funds to meet the financial needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission effectively and efficiently. You will join a dynamic team that is responsible for raising and managing donations from foundations. You will manage your own portfolio of donors representing multiple fundraising channels such as sponsorship, philanthropy, proposal and grant writing. Daily functions will include: regular communication with and stewardship of corporate contacts, developing proposals and reports, managing communications, answering incoming inquiries, and collaborating with development peers in overlapping areas of interest.
Reporting to the Regional Philanthropy Manager, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- To independently implement foundation fundraising programmes in order to raise the amount of donation income from foundations as devised in the Annual Plan
- Recruit new foundations and join networking events to identify potential new foundations; and handle existing foundation relationships and cultivate existing foundations
- Writing and submission of project proposals as well as interim reports and annual reports to foundations
- Management of day-to-day working relationship with internal and third-party service providers in support for timely implementation of fundraising programmes
- Ensure that funds are solicited, collected, and allocated according to the objectives and funding needs of MSF operations, as well as within the policies of MSF
- Produce post-campaign analysis according to the framework defined by the Regional Philanthropy Manager to ensure that campaign objectives are met
- Participate in relevant working groups for fundraising/ knowledge sharing and acquiring as assigned
- Provide professional Chinese & English copywriting and translation for fundraising purpose as needed
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate relations, marketing or fundraising. Experience working in an NGO is a bonus;
- Evidence a strong interest in humanitarian affairs and a commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières;
- Excellent editorial skills and experience in proposal writing;
- Strong project management skills and detailed-orientated;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, be able to multi-task, and be willing to assist with tasks outside direct job description;
- Be willing to occasionally work during weekends or special events;
- Enjoy working in an environment with co-workers of different nationalities, races and cultures;
- Have a proactive personality, and be spontaneous in initiating suggestions or actions to achieve objectives and improve donor relations Have strong customer service skills, be comfortable with public speaking and have a friendly, approachable demeanor.
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.