Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Risk & Compliance Manager
A member of the Executive office who effectively manages the risk and compliance frameworks within MSF Hong Kong (including regional offices and branches) so that risks and compliance obligations are identified, assessed and mitigated in the context of achieving the organization’s objectives, meeting legal, regulatory, contractual and policy requirements.
Reporting directly to Executive Director, the Principal Accountabilities are highlighted below:
- Ensure that MSF Hong Kong conducts its business processes in compliance with laws and regulations, professional standards, international standards, and accepted business practices.
- Perform internal audits for all HK departments at regular intervals and execute design control systems.
- Uphold the ethical integrity of MSF Hong Kong and ensure that business activities are conducted using a regulatory framework.
- Advise the management on possible risks that might occur, and on organization policies.
- Carry out the risk management process by thorough planning of business and implementing the policies within the organization.
- Respond continually with on-going initiative to business growth, newly implemented laws, and changing regulatory environment.
- Apply new best practices and industry-recognized frameworks in IT Security and Governance.
- Ensure that MSF Hong Kong is compliant with the Hong Kong Personal Data Privacy Ordinance (PDPO) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Ideal Candidate
- University Degree or above in accounting, finance, legal, risk management or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in INGO/bank/corporation with in-depth knowledge of internal controls and regulatory compliance and risk management
- Good Knowledge of data protection
- Professional attitude, pay attention to detail
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and computer skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Ability to manage and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Ability to travel
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 13 December 2020. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.